98.01 Tampering with city cable system prohibited
Cross-reference: Compensation for cable television employees, see § 31.46
§ 98.01 TAMPERING WITH CITY CABLE SYSTEM PROHIBITED.
(A) No person shall tamper with or make any adjustment to the cable assisted television system of the city, or any component of such system, unless such person has been expressly authorized to make such adjustment to such system or a component thereof.
(B) A person may be expressly authorized to make adjustments to the cable assisted television system of the city by a resolution of the City Council, by a municipal order of the City Council, by an executive order of the Mayor, or by written order of the City Administrative Officer or the Superintendent of the Electrical Department, filed in the office of the City Clerk-Treasurer.
(C) No person other than an agent of the city shall remove the converter of the cable assisted television system of the city from the dwelling, residential unit, motel room, place of business, or commercial building in which it has been placed by agents of the city, nor shall any person willfully deface or destroy such converter.
(Ord. 84-241, passed 11-19-84) Penalty, see § 98.99
§ 98.02 FEES.
(A) The City Council does hereby establish the following schedule of charges for services of the city CATV system, and establishing a schedule of charges for internet services, effective with passage of this section.
(1) One-time charges.
(a) Installation fee for one $45.00 television receiver requiring less than or up to 200 feet of aerial service drop.
(b) Installation of new service Negotiated on requiring more than 200 feet of service. an individual basis
(c) Reconnect existing service. $30.00
(d) Installation fee for each $30.00
additional outlet excluding pre-wiring.
(e) Nonstandard installation other Negotiated on than residential. an individual basis
(f) Lateral electronic change from digital $5.00 package to another digital package.
(g) Activation fee for $20.00 pre-existing outlet. Each additional outlet $5.00
(h) Reconnection of service terminated $35.00 for non-pay of utilities.
(i) Service call request by $48.00 per subscriber for situations not occasioned by hour with minimum malfunction of city-furnished equipment or of one hour plus malfunction of workmanship performed by a city materials employee or occasioned by abuse of service or shall be billed per equipment. each one-quarter hour after first hour
(j) Fee for “fishing” wall in $50.00 addition to additional outlet charge.
(k) Trip fee to accounts outside $20.00 city limits. Charge is “per trip” in addition to any other of the above services.
(l) Underground service installations $110.00 up to 200 feet. (If customer has ditch left open, conduit in place or buries their own wire that meets required specifications, charge will be same as for aerial installation).
(m) M-Card (Purchase Option) $60.00. Residential pre-wire(a) Installation of new service Negotiated on requiring more than 200 feet of drop service. an individual basis
(b) Outlets $20.00 each; $80.00 minimum
(c) Activation fee for pre-wired home $25.00 Apartment pre-wire: Activation charge for tenant $25.00
(2) Monthly charges.
(a) Basic service *
(b) Extended basic residential service for * one television receiver Charge for optional channels - Encore * and Western Channel for each single residential unit.
(c) Digital Gateway (includes one (1) set * top box, PPV capability and 30 DMX channels Gateway service(s) for privately owned equipment *
(d) Digital tier packages (*must * subscribe to digital Gateway)
Digital basic *
Movie Pak *
HBO Pak *
Showtime Pak *
Cinemax Pak *
* As published in city’s established information and established
residential and/or commercial rate sheets with retransmission
surcharges included on rate sheets.
* A $5.00 per month increase shall become effective August 2012 on
the Expanded Basic Cable, Digital Cable and High Speed Internet Bundled
Package, and Full Package Bundle.
* A $5.00 per month increase shall become effective August 2013 on
the Expanded Basic Cable, Digital Cable and High Speed Internet Bundled
Package, and Full Package Bundle.
(e) Remote control all converter box per $5.00
(f) Basic service for hotels, motels, * jails detention centers, per each room.
(g) Expanded basic service inclusive for * hotels, motels, jails, detention centers, per each room.
(h) Additional charge for HBO, Showtime $5.00 and Cinemax channels inclusive for hotels, motels, jails, detention centers, per each room.
(i) Multiple-occupancy bulk rate expanded basic service(convalescent homes, hospitals, and the like)
1 to 59 beds *
60 to 100 beds *
(j) And a monthly rental fee for $5.00 each remote control converter box furnished.
(k) HD set top with Gateway *
HD DVR with Gateway *
TIVO DVR with Gateway *
M-Card - Rental Option *
* As published in city’s established information and established residential and/or commercial rate sheets with retransmission surcharges included on rate sheet.
* A $5.00 per month increase shall become effective August 2012 on the Expanded Basic Cable, Digital Cable and High Speed Internet Bundled Package, and Full Package Bundle.
* A $5.00 per month increase shall become effective August 2013 on the Expanded Basic Cable, Digital Cable and High Speed Internet Bundled Package, and Full Package Bundle.
(3) Other charges.
(a) Lease of time on public access channel:
Minimum set up charge $25.00
14 minutes or less $2.00 per minute
30 minutes or less $3.00 per minute
45 minutes or less $4.00 per minute
60 minutes or less $5.00 per minute
(b) Video taping of event for either simultaneous or later broadcast by city personnel with city equipment:
During normal business hours $35.00 per hr. 2 hr. min.**
During non-business hours $52.50 per hr. 2 hr. min.**
** Any time over two (2) hours $12.00 per 15 minute increment
(c) Charge for repair of damaged fiber lines
1. Aerial $125.00 per fiber
2. Underground $150.00 per fiber
(4) City property.
(a) All converters and other devices placed by the city into the possession of a subscriber shall remain the property of the city and upon termination of service shall be returned to the city in as good order as when received, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
(b) All one-time charges shall be paid to the City Clerk/Treasurer prior to furnishing of such service.
(c) All monthly charges for services shall be paid in advance to the City Clerk/Treasurer and if such charges are not paid on or before the fifteenth of each month such service shall be terminated by employees of the city without further notice.
(d) A three percent (3%) telecommunications tax shall be added to accounts of all telecommunications/cable TV service customers, pursuant to K.R.S. 136.616.
(5) Internet service.
(a) Internet service monthly $39.95***
(b) Internet service installation:
Option A: includes cabling, $45.00***
software, installer visit and verification of
performance to the modem up to one hour.
Option B: includes cabling, software, $75.00***
installer visit and complete connection of customer’s
computer with demonstration up to one hour.
Option A and B: Any time over one hour $12.00 per
*** Existing wiring must meet specifications for internet cabling and customer’s computer must meet software system requirements and have appropriate hardware.
(6) The City Council may, by resolution, temporarily suspend or modify the charges for services, from time to time as a promotional incentive to expand the subscriber base of the system.
(7) Cable/High Speed Internet Package $85.95 (includes: Internet, Digital Gateway and any one digital tier)
(8) Full package (includes internet and all $129.95 channels offered)
(9) Internet pricing:
1M/384K * *
10M/1M Speed * *
20M/1.5M Speed * *
50M/5M Speed * *
Static IP Address each $6.00 $6.00
Additional E-mail each $3.95 Not offered
E-mail only accounts each $3.95 Not offered
E-mail only accounts bundle 5 for $15.00 Not offered
Internet Security Software License (1st computer included with
monthly service. Each additional computer will be $2.00 per license
Additional web hosting pricing
Retail set-up fee $24.95 $24.95 $24.95
Retail monthly fee $16.95 $34.95 $59.95
Web space 240 MBs 400 MBs 600 MBs
Data transfer 10GBs/
E-mail accounts 15 50 150
Auto responders 15 50 150
E-mail aliases and forwards Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited
Control panel Yes Yes Yes
24 X 7 tech support Yes Yes Yes
Spam scanning Yes Yes Yes
Virus scanning Yes Yes Yes
Web hit statistics Yes Yes Yes
50C CABLE TELEVISION § 98.02
Front Page® extensions Yes Yes Yes
MYSQL Database Yes Yes Yes
Languages Perl, PHP Perl, PHP Perl, PHP
PHP Nuke Yes Yes Yes
Preconfigured CGI scripts Yes Yes Yes
Anonymous FTP No Yes Yes
Secure server No Yes Yes
Chat No Yes Yes
Bulletin board No No Yes
Shopping cart No No Yes
Subdomains 300 300 300
Parked domains No 3 6
Add-on domains No No 3
* As published in city’s established information and established residential and/or commercial rate sheets with retransmission surcharges included on rate sheets.
** If bandwidth usage is excessive over two consecutive months, additional charges may apply from the end of the second month forward as an additional monthly charge.
(10) All appropriate and required taxes shall be added to all customer bills.
(11) Copied items. DVD Copies $12.95
(12) Access channel pricing
Personal message by individual Text only $15.00
Personal message by individual Picture file $15.00 only*
Personal message by individual Text and $15.00 Picture*
Business, political or other entity Text only $25.00
Business, political or other entity Picture $25.00 file only*
Business, political or other entity Text and $25.00 Picture*
Any individual, business, political or other entity can agree to run six weeks of advertising at a 10% discounted rate.
* Picture files are as provided by the customer and unedited. The file may contain text.
(13) Wireless rates.
(a) One time charges.
Equipment upgrade if necessary to *
receive higher speed tier
No contract required: *
(includes $75.00 installation)
One-year contract: *
(includes $75.00 installation)
Two-year contract: *
(includes $45.00 installation)
Trip charge outside city limits *
on all calls other than installation
(b) Monthly charges.
Wireless internet service: *
(includes five e-mail accounts,
Optional maintenance fee to *
* As published in city’s established information and
established residential and/or commercial rate sheets with
retransmission surcharges included on rate sheets.
(14) Change to regular internet service.*
* As published in the city’s established rate card and shall
be amended from time to time to reflect changes through
increases/decreases on equipment costs. Said rate card is incorporated
herein by reference.
Optional maintenance fee to cover $2.00
equipment replacement (per month)
(15) Williamstown cable sponsorship rate card for Williamstown cable broadcasts. Advertising and/or cable access broadcast sponsorship rates shall be established by the Mayor and/or City Administrator and/or the Mayor’s designee (Cable/Internet Department) through the city’s public information data and established rate care, which may be modified to offer incentives and/or specials for advertising usage or specials for subscribers. Rate cards shall be available at the public’s request and review at all applicable city offices. Said rates or specials/rate cards shall be reported to City Council on an as needed basis, but not less than quarterly by the Cable/Internet Department. A copy of the initial Williamstown Cable Sponsorship Rate Card charges is attached to Ordinance 2007-19.
(16) Wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) charges. Wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) charges, including telephone charges, if applicable, shall be established by the Mayor, City Administrator and/or the Mayor’s designee (Cable/Internet Department) through the city’s public information rate data and established rate card on an as needed basis, which may be modified from time to time to offer incentives and/or specials for usage or specials for subscribers. Rate cards shall be available at the public’s request and review at all applicable city offices. Said rate schedules/cards shall be reported to City Council on an as needed basis, but not less that quarterly by the Cable/Internet Department.
(B) City of Williamstown/Williamstown CATV reserves the right to review the content of any message for leased access programming whether taped, typed, printed, submitted, transcribed, posted and/or live showing for local access channel for obscenity or vulgarity, in which case, we reserve the right to deny the showing of such messages or taped/live showings.
(C) Leased Access Policy - for Website and Annual Notice and Public Inspection File.
(1) It is the policy of the City of Williamstown Cable TV to prohibit any leased access programming that contains obscenity, indecency, or nudity in conflict with contemporary community standards, or that contains otherwise legally unprotected speech or images. Leased access programmers shall not cablecast any program or portion of any program in violation of this policy. Williamstown Cable TV reserves the right to review any programming to determine compliance with this policy, and the applicable leased access programmer shall pay all reasonable costs of such review. Williamstown reserves the right to refuse to cablecast any leased access programming that it reasonably believes would violate this policy.
(2) All leased Access Programming shall have a name and address of the business, group or individual submitting any programming of political or editorial comment leased access programming shall be subject to review and no programming shall air on Williamstown Cable TV before twenty-four (24) hours of submission or review.
(3) Local Access channel programming is reserved for the community, businesses and residents in the viewing area of Williamstown CATV and for the Williamstown CATV Channel 16 viewing area.
(Ord. 87-282, passed 12-18-87; Am. Ord. 88-289, passed 11-28-88; Am. Ord. 1994-10, passed 6-15-94; Am. Ord. 1996-03, passed 4-1-96; Am. Ord. 1998-05, passed 3-2-98; Am. Ord. 1998-26, passed 10-9-98; Am. Ord. 2000-15, passed 11-6-00; Am. Ord. 2001-05, passed 3-5-01; Am. Ord. 2002-12, passed 1-6-03; Am. Ord. 2004-17, passed 7-6-04; Am. Ord. 2005-03, passed 3-15-05; Am. Ord. 2006-01, passed 2-23-06; Am. Ord. 2007-11, passed 7-17-07; Am. Ord. 2007-14, passed 8-21-07; Am. Ord. 2007-19, passed 12-18-07; Am. Ord. 2009-05, passed 4-21-09; Am. Ord. 2009-12, passed 10-5-09; Am. Ord. 2009-15, passed 11-23-09; Am. Ord. 2010-05, passed 6-15-10; Am. Ord. 2011-03, passed 3-22-11; Am. Ord. 2012-11, passed 8-6-12; Am. Ord. 2012-19, passed 12-18-12; Am. Ord. 2014-05, passed 4-22-14; Am. Ord. 2015-01, passed 2-17-15)
§ 98.99 PENALTY.
Any person convicted of violating any provision of § 98.01 shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $500 or imprisonment for not more than 60 days or both for each offense.
(Ord. 84-241, passed 11-19-84)